Sleep Dentistry Melbourne
Did you know that you can have your dental treatment done with sleep dentistry Melbourne? Have you been postponing dental work because you’re scared? Or there could be another valid reason. We want to provide you with excellent dental care while keeping you as comfortable as possible. We offer sleep dentistry methods to alleviate minor to severe anxiety, ensuring that you have a relaxing visit with us.
You may be one of the millions of Australians who suffer from anxiety and especially dental anxiety. Sedation dentistry allows you to relax completely and get the treatment you need. Drs. Kestenberg, Siebel and Jovanovic provide dental treatment under anaesthetist supervised general anaesthesia or sedation in our rooms or in a day procedure centre. This is basically having all of your dental treatment in one go in basically an induced sleep.
Our Melbourne Sleep dentistry clinic has been providing this service for over 40 years and we have often been described as the Home of Sleep Dentistry.
This type of sedation dentistry is often helpful in the following circumstances:
- Moderate to severe fear, including fear of needles, injections or the sound of the drill
- Special needs (health and behavioural conditions)
- Children aged over the age of 2 years who cannot co-operate with dental procedures
- Distressing memories of past dental experiences
- Poor response to numbing anaesthetic
- Intolerable or uncontrollable gag reflex
- Highly sensitive teeth especially to cold
- The need to complete a lot of dental treatment in a short period of time
- Complex dental issues such as wisdom tooth removal, multiple extractions, many crowns, implants etc.
- Discomfort with the sounds, odours, and tastes associated with dentistry
- Severe self-consciousness or embarrassment about the appearance of your teeth and gums
If you fit in to one of these categories, schedule a consultation with one of our dentists at Sleep Dentistry Melbourne. Just call (03) 9386 1805
We offer the following methods in Sleep dentistry to help you overcome your discomfort and issues and to make your visit more enjoyable:
Our sleep dentistry clinic is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is easily accessible with public transport and there’s plenty of parking in the surrounding streets. We are just a short drive form the Melbourne CBD.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.