How Can Sleep Dentistry Help You?
Sleep dentistry enables you to receive the dental care you need, even if you are someone who is usually very anxious about visiting the dentist.
It eliminates the awareness, sights, sounds, smells, tastes and pain of needles, instruments and drilling. It is very useful for patients who experience panic attacks or anxiety at the dentist, eliminating fears, anxiety and discomfort.
It also eliminates the boredom of long or complex sessions and enables you to relax. With sleep dentistry, you can have multiple procedures and long sessions done in a single sitting, making it a smart solution for busy patients.
A sleep procedure is beneficial for people who:
- Have a low pain threshold
- Have difficulty becoming numb
- Dislike needles in the mouth
- Dislike the noises, smells, tastes and feeling of dental treatment
- Have had traumatic experiences with dentistry in the past
- Have a strong gag reflex and gag easily
- Have very sensitive teeth or gums
- Have jaw problems or have difficulty keeping their mouth open
- Have complex dental problems or need long sessions
- Are busy and wish to have more work done in fewer sessions
- Find dental treatment tedious, uncomfortable or boring
- Are fearful or anxious about any aspect of dentistry
- Have disabilities which prevent them from sitting in the dental chair for treatment
Book a Consultation
In order to have your treatment, you’ll need to start with a consultation with Dr Jeffrey Kestenberg, Dr Shannon Gune or Dr Meredith Metin at our Melbourne dental clinic. At that appointment, the actual procedure and costs for your treatment will be discussed in detail.
Drs Kestenberg, Gune and Metin works Monday to Friday, from 8am. At this stage they are the principal dentists who performs this work at Coburg Dental Group, so be sure to ask for an appointment with one of them.
Call Coburg Dental Group on 03 9386 1805 to organise your consultation – make sure you tell our receptionist that you are interested in having your dental treatment performed under sleep dentistry so the appropriate appointment can be made for you.