Have you had a teeth cleaning this year? Are you looking for teeth cleaning Preston?
Professional dental cleanings aren’t just for keeping your smile clean and bright. Professional cleaning which we call scaling can have a significant impact on your general gum health and a flow on effect on your general health. Poor oral hygiene has been linked to several serious illnesses including jaw bone loss, cardiovascular disease, strokes, some cancers, kidney issues, diabetes and many other problems. Brushing and flossing at home are essential. However, to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy and thoroughly free of bacteria containing plaque, it is recommended that you schedule regular check-ups with our dentist and dental cleanings with our dental hygienist.
The frequency of your visits will depend on the condition and health of your teeth and gums. Your dentist or hygienist will give you the appropriate recommendations. You may require a hygiene visit every 3, 4 or 6 months and this can also vary with age and various medical conditions.
Here are eight reasons professional cleanings are so important.
- Your dental hygienist can remove the stains that dull and discolour your teeth, and the plaque which causes the disease so you’ll be left with a brighter, whiter and healthy smile.
- Having your teeth cleaned can prevent gum disease, which leads to early tooth loss. Signs of gum disease include bleeding gums, swollen gums, moving teeth and sometimes pain.
- Oral cancer accounts for approximately 1% of all cancers but because it involves the mouth, it is a nasty disease. In America for example, one person dies from oral cancer every hour, but many of these cancers are curable if detected at an early stage during a routine dental visit.
- A strong link exists between cardiovascular disease and gum disease. Because getting your teeth cleaned twice a year helps prevent gum disease, it may also reduce one factor related to potentially deadly heart attacks and strokes.
- During a professional dental cleaning appointment with our dental hygienist, your dentist will do a check-up to detect early signs of problems such as broken fillings and cracks in teeth.
- Many dental insurance plans have good rebates for cleanings, so you’ll save money on dental expenses in the long term. It therefore makes sense to take advantage of your policy.
- If your dentist finds any serious problems during a teeth cleaning or exam, the office can help you make an appointment and financial arrangements to arrange the necessary procedures.
- Regular check-ups and dental cleanings help also prevent and resolve persistent bad breath
Professional dental cleanings at teeth cleaning Preston gives your dentist or hygienist an opportunity to compare the state of your oral health to that of previous visits. If the condition of you’re dental health is deteriorating, immediate intervention can put you back on track.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks.Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner